Lunch on a Stick
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- Block of cheddar or Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Cooked tortellini
- Grape tomatoes
- Whole wheat bread slices, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Sliced deli ham, cut into 1-inch strips
- Seedless red or green grapes
- Wooden skewers (5 to 6 inches)
- Cut cheese into 1/4-in. slices and then into 1-in. pieces. (Smaller pieces may break when threaded on the skewer.)
- Mac & Cheese on a Stick: Alternately thread cheese and tortellini on a skewer. Add grape tomatoes if desired.
- Ham & Cheese on a Stick: Thread bread, lettuce if desired, cheese and a ribbon of ham on a skewer. Add additional cheese and bread pieces. Hold in place with a grape or grape tomato on each end.
- Fruit & Cheese on a Stick: Alternately thread grapes and cheese on a skewer.
- Create your own Lunch on a Stick: Let children place their favorite ingredients on a stick.
May 30, 2017
I finally started making my youngest son make his own lunches this school year, and this recipe was one of his favorites. He enjoyed reading the different combos and making up his own.
Jun 1, 2015
Delicious! I served this will grilled corn-on-the-cob and grilled veggie chicken. Thanks, Sara, for sharing this recipe.
Sep 6, 2013
Easy to make and individualize for your tastes. Huge hit at potluck.
Apr 24, 2013
Apr 24, 2013
Aug 27, 2012
This recipe is simple and delicious. It is also very visually appealing. I would simply say that children should be closely supervised with the sticks.