Lunch Box Chicken Wrap
This lunchbox-friendly wrap is a tasty way to use leftover chicken and get kids to eat more veggies. Using colorful, thin strips of vegetables adds visual interest when the wrap is cut into slices. Suddenly spinach is too pretty to refuse. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1 whole wheat tortilla (8 inches), room temperature
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 carrot sticks
- 2 sweet red pepper strips
- Spread hummus over tortilla; top with spinach. Place chicken, carrot and red pepper in a row near center of tortilla; roll up tightly. If desired, cut crosswise into slices. Wrap securely or pack in an airtight container; refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 wrap: 324 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 441mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 7g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Lunch Box Chicken Wrap in Healthy Cooking August/September 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.