Luau Beef Tenderloin Steaks
Pineapple juice, soy sauce and cider vinegar give these juicy steaks their tangy taste. We found that the sweet and tropical marinade is also good on pork. —Lorraine Darocha of Mountain City, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the steaks. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. On a lightly oiled grill rack, grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Baste with reserved marinade during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
Originally published as Luau Tenderloin in Light & Tasty April/May 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.