VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the steaks. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. On a lightly oiled grill rack, grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Baste with reserved marinade during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Luau Beef Tenderloin Steaks in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p31