This pretty combination of fresh veggies is low fat and to enhance the flavors, it can be made at least an hour before serving. For extra color, half-cup portions of squash and red and green pepper can be added.
Recommended: 45 Superfoods for Your Brain
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 small head cabbage (1-1/2 pounds), shredded
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Stir in parsley. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Slaw in Reminisce December/January 2009, p50