Low-Fat Vegetable Slaw
This pretty combination of fresh veggies is low fat and to enhance the flavors, it can be made at least an hour before serving. For extra color, half-cup portions of squash and red and green pepper can be added.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 small head cabbage (1-1/2 pounds), shredded
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Stir in parsley. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 88 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Vegetable Slaw in Reminisce December/January 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.