Low-Fat Stuffed Potatoes
These stuffed potatoes may be low in fat, but they're loaded with flavor! Two kinds of cheese make them extra-creamy.—Marcia Mundell, Bennett, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour 25 min.
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
- In a small bowl, mash the pulp with the cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, yogurt, dill, mayonnaise, mustard, chives, pepper and cayenne. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with paprika. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 120 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Originally published as Low-Fat Stuffed Potatoes in Country Woman January/February 1999