Low Fat Potato Salad
Relate Jesse and Anne Foust from Bluefield, West Virginia, "We like to make this chunky salad the day before to let the flavors mellow."
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 15-20 minutes; drain thoroughly. Place in a bowl; cool slightly. Pour salad dressing over warm potatoes; toss to coat. Add celery, green pepper, onion, radishes, parsley, salt if desired and pepper; mix well. Combine the mayonnaise, mustard and sugar; pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.