Low-Fat Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
I enjoy trying new muffin recipes, so was I glad when I stumbled upon this one. The applesauce makes these lemon muffins so moist and delicious.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makes1 to 1-1/2 dozen
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, poppy seeds and baking powder. Combine eggs, milk, applesauce and lemon extract; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups about three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until muffins test done.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 235 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Low-Fat Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.