VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, poppy seeds and baking powder. Combine eggs, milk, applesauce and lemon extract; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups about three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: 1 to 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Low-Fat Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p73
Reviews forLow-Fat Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 27, 2010
"These were good but they didn't rise well."