Low-Fat Gravy Recipe
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef or chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch pepper
- 1. In a saucepan, saute onion, mushrooms and parsley in 1/4 cup broth until vegetables are tender. Combine cornstarch, pepper and 1/2 cup of broth; stir until smooth. Add to pan with the remaining broth. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally; boil for 2 minutes. Yield: 2 cups.
2 tablespoons: 19 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 28mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Low-Fat Gravy
"Well yes, it wasn't the equivalent to "rich gravy", but for those on restricted diets, it might be a treat rather than nothing at all."
"Did anybody taste this before posting it? It has only a hint of flavor from the broth. It's not worth the effort."
"Shouldn't be any fat in it if you're using fat free broth."
"Huh! For a lousy gram, I'd cheat like the FDA and call it Non-Fat! Thanks!"