"This fruity dip is easy to prepare and so refreshing for summer get-togethers or brunches," writes Linda Venema from Fulton, Illinois. "The secret ingredient is the lemon-lime soda. It adds a little extra zing." Crushed pineapple and coconut extract bring a hint of the tropics to the creamy dip. Serve it with strawberries, grapes and bite-size melon pieces.
Recommended: 45 Skinny Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup cold fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons diet lemon-lime soda
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed unsweetened pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 drops coconut extract
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- Assorted fruit
- In a blender, combine the first six ingredients; cover and process for 1 minute or until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with fruit. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Tropical Fruit Dip in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p19
Reviews forLow-Fat Fruit Dip
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 24, 2013
"This dip is so easy and delicious! I serve it with fresh pineapple, strawberries, blackberries and kiwi."
Reviewed Sep. 28, 2010
"This is fantastic! No one ever believes it's "light." Any fruit is good with it!"