Low-Fat Fruit Dip
"This fruity dip is easy to prepare and so refreshing for summer get-togethers or brunches," writes Linda Venema from Fulton, Illinois. "The secret ingredient is the lemon-lime soda. It adds a little extra zing." Crushed pineapple and coconut extract bring a hint of the tropics to the creamy dip. Serve it with strawberries, grapes and bite-size melon pieces.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup cold fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons diet lemon-lime soda
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed unsweetened pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 drops coconut extract
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- Assorted fruit
- In a blender, combine the first six ingredients; cover and process for 1 minute or until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with fruit.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 49 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Mar 24, 2013
This dip is so easy and delicious! I serve it with fresh pineapple, strawberries, blackberries and kiwi.
Sep 28, 2010
This is fantastic! No one ever believes it's "light." Any fruit is good with it!