- 12 ounces fettuccini
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup quartered mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces low-fat fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. Cook the fettucine according to package directions. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring broth and garlic to a boil. Add mushrooms and onions; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender. Add cream cheese and ham; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Add tomatoes; heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in Parmesan cheese and pepper. Rinse and drain fettuccine; top with the sauce.
1/2 cup: 118 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 648mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Dec 31, 1969
I made this using cooked chicken instead of ham. I also doubled the sauce. It isn't very creamy but it has good flavorand is easy to make.
May 31, 2010
I MADE THIS FOR LUNCH. I DIDN'T PUT IN THE TOMATOES BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE ANY BUT I DID PUT IN SOME ASPARAGUS. I ALSO USED NEUFACHATEL CHEESE FOR THE CREAM CHEESE. AND I JUST USED A SMALL CAN OF MUSHROOMS. I DIDN'T PUT THE HAM IN THIS TIME BUT I WILL DO THAT NEXT TIME. WE THOUGHT IT WAS DELICIOUS. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A LOWER FAT RECIPE FOR FETTUCCINI AND THIS IS THE ONE. THANKS