- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 large cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add cucumbers and onion; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forLow-Fat Cucumber Salad
"This is delicious and so glad it fits in my healthy eating plan!! Will be eating this a lot this summer!!!"
"Sometimes I add a little dill for more flavor. Also, I slice the cucumbers very thin, sprinkle with salt and let sit in a colander for about 20 minutes. It's amazing how much liquid drains out. I then rinse thoroughly and squeeze dry in a kitchen towel. The cucumbers stay very crunchy and I don't think this adds to the salt content. A great old recipe."
"I love this salad. I thought I had lost it for good until I found it online. Whew! It is my favorite way to eat cucumbers."