Low-Fat Corn Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups cornmeal
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine corn, water, egg substitute and applesauce; mix well. Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill muffin cups coated with cooking spray two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 17-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Editor's Note: For corn bread, use a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray; bake for 20-25 minutes.
1 each: 105 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.