Unlikely most delicious desserts, this creamy sauce contains just a trace of fat. So I can satisfy my sweet tooth with little guilt.—Beverly Irick, Indianapolis, Indiana
Recommended: 25 Light Chocolate Dessert Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, milk, cocoa and corn syrup. Bring to a boil; boil 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Best served immediately. Serve as a dip for fruit, or pour over frozen yogurt or angel food cake. Yield: 1/3 cup.
Originally published as Low-Fat Chocolate Sauce in Taste of Home February/March 1995, p44
Reviews forLow-Fat Chocolate Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2014
"Too sugary and thin for me."