- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in the yogurt, milk and vanilla just until moistened. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forLow-Fat Chocolate Muffins
"I baked them at 375 for 16 mins and they were perfectly done. I used a cookie scoop to get the batter into the tins evenly."
"I am baffled by this rating. Not only was the texture weird and rubbery, but there was absolutely NO flavor. I even put choc. chips in and this did not help at all. My husband usually eats the new things I make that I don't like, but even he spit it out. Ick."
"I made these,and liked the flavor, lil dense, and muffins stuck to paper liners,but good."
"Even using low fat yogurt and milk instead of fat free, it came out to only 3 WW points plus, and still at its heart just a delicious muffin! I'm rather amazed. What a find!"
"I add a few chocolate chips to please my young daughter's sweet tooth. They also freeze well."
"In addition to the lowfat quality, I also made these muffins with reduced sugar. I used 1/3 c Splenda brown sugar and 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk instead of the sugar and added an extra 1/2 t of baking soda. I made them extra appealing to my family by adding chopped walnuts to the batter, not chocolate chips. We ate them virtually guilt free!!"
"My whole family loves these muffins. It is hard to believe that they are low-fat. I partially fill the muffin cups & then add a few chocolate chips and then I add the rest of the batter for a chocolatey surprise."
"My husband loves these! He had no idea they were healthy muffins ;) - I use Hershey's dark chocolate cocoa for a healthier muffin. I also use brown sugar instead of normal sugar. I also use whole wheat rather than all-purpose flour. I also add dark chocolate chips (about 1/4 cup) to add moisture to the muffins."