"Our family loves blue cheese dressing, but not the fat," writes Alcy Thorne of Los Molinos, California. She shares the recipe for her creamy dressing that also makes a great veggie dip. "We appreciate this healthier alternative that uses fat-free sour cream, milk and cream cheese.
Recommended: 19 Recipes for Homemade Salad Dressing
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese for 1 minute or until fluffy. Add sour cream; beat until blended. Add the mayonnaise, milk, mustard, salt and pepper; beat until well blended. Stir in blue cheese. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Salad Dressing in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p46