Low-Fat Blue Cheese Salad Dressing
"Our family loves blue cheese dressing, but not the fat," writes Alcy Thorne of Los Molinos, California. She shares the recipe for her creamy dressing that also makes a great veggie dip. "We appreciate this healthier alternative that uses fat-free sour cream, milk and cream cheese.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese for 1 minute or until fluffy. Add sour cream; beat until blended. Add the mayonnaise, milk, mustard, salt and pepper; beat until well blended. Stir in blue cheese. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 71 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Salad Dressing in Light & Tasty December/January 2005