- 1 pound beef top round steak, trimmed and cubed
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 3-inch chunks
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a Dutch oven, brown beef in oil. Add the next seven ingredients; cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add carrots and potatoes; cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Stir in peas; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forLow-Fat Beef Stew
"Excellent for Low Fat! I was quite supprised!"
"Excellent for Low Fat!"
"Excellent for Low Fat. I was quite supprised!"