Low-Fat Bean Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seeded minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoons sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl. Use raw vegetables or tortilla chips for dipping. Store in the refrigerator.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 28 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Jul 8, 2011
Very easy, and quite tasty. Just watch out after cutting up those jalapenos!
Jan 11, 2008
This one is a keeper. Especially beautiful when put in hollowed out green, yellow and red peppers. Wear gloves when working with the Jalapeno and don't touch your eyes. Excellent!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.