Low-Calorie Pumpkin Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, egg whites, pumpkin, sugar substitute, biscuit mix, vanilla and spices until smooth. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dollop with whipped topping before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda no-calorie sweetener.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 124 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Mar 14, 2019
Delicious! Bake longer, like 55 minutes or so, if using a glass pie plate. I baked for 45 min, wish I had baked another 10 minutes to get a bit more "crusty" edges. Fabulous flavor- I used 2 tsp Mccormick's Pumpkin Pie spice.
Nov 29, 2013
This was very good. You don't miss the crust since a small crust does form (from the bisquick, I guess). Tastes like the traditional pumpkin pie that I'm used to. A keeper!
Jan 15, 2012
I have made this several times and with no crust it works for people who are watching calories.
Nov 24, 2009
This is a great recipe. I have made this for several years. It can be done with all egg whites or 1/2 cup of egg beaters. The best sugar substitute is the granulated Splenda that is made for baking--not the little packets. It is sold in the baking isle.
Apr 10, 2009
I made this low calorie pumpkin pie for me and my husband so many times and it takes all the guilt away and tastes just as great as the traditional pumpkin pie.
Jan 4, 2009
Very good recipe and low calorie. Can't tell it is a low calorie pie. This will be my pumpkin pie recipe to use for all occasions.
Dec 1, 2008
Re: Low-cal Pumpkin pie; Very good recipe. I made this pie and a traditional pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving and this low-cal pie got eaten first. bjkist
Dec 1, 2008
this is wonderful, tastes great and is quite healthful for my friends that are on special diets.
Nov 24, 2008
What kind of sugar substitute should I use? Equal or Splenda or Sweet-n-Low? Thanks for the reviews, I'm looking forward to trying this.
Nov 23, 2008
Wonderful Recipe. Have made 3 times already. Making it for Thanksgiving too in place of traditional pie.