- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- In a large skillet, saute onions and celery in butter until tender. Add chicken and water; heat through. Remove from the heat. Stir in the soup, sour cream, water chestnuts and almonds.
- Pour into eight greased 1-1/2-cup baking dishes. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forLove Me Tender Chicken Bake
"Honestly, there just isn't much flavor to this recipe."
"I made this recipe for my family tonight and we all enjoyed it. I thought it called for a TON of food so I cut the portions down to feed our family of 6. I used only 3 celery ribs instead of 6. I did not saute the celery and onion, I just added some olive oil to the mix. I used around 2 or 3 cups of chicken instead of 5. I did not use any water. In place of the soup, I made a white sauce by cooking until thickened 3 tablespoons of flour, and 3 tablespoons of butter, and 1 cup of milk. I added only 1/2 cup of sour cream and 1/2 cup of almonds and 1 can of water chestnuts. To prepare it I just mixed everything together in a skillet until heated. I also just put all of it into a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Instead of crushing crackers, I just topped it with whole ritz crackers. I baked it for about 30 minutes. Overall, unique and satisfying dish. Will make again."