Long Boy Cheeseburgers
This flavorful sandwich is fast to prepare and makes a complete meal with a salad.—Edna Griffin, Macon, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 loaves brown 'n' serve French bread
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 2-quart bowl, mix together first eight ingredients. Cut each loaf of bread in half lengthwise; spread one-fourth of meat mixture over each half, covering all the way to edges. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for about 25 minutes or until meat is cooked, sprinkling with cheese during the last 5 minutes of baking. Cut into slices to serve.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 297 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 733mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as "Long Boy" Cheeseburgers in Country Ground Beef