No, these weren't created deep in the heart of Texas, but the barbecue flavor will make you think you're visiting the Lone Star State! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Recommended: 70 Sweet & Savory Pecan Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash each salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded beef
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Add the mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce, mustard, salt and pepper; mix well. Stuff or pipe into egg whites.
- Cut beef into 1-inch pieces. Garnish eggs with beef and remaining barbecue sauce. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Lone Star Deviled Eggs in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012, p12
Reviews forLone Star Deviled Eggs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 21, 2012
"tasts very good"