- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, drained
- 3/4 cup salsa verde
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a shallow bowl, combine cream and salt.
- Dip both sides of each tortilla in cream mixture; top with 1/4 cup chicken mixture. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour remaining cream mixture over top; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and freeze for up to 6 months.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forLone Star Chicken Enchiladas
"I made this recipe for dinner last week. It is the best chicken enchiladas recipe ever! Just the right amount of spice for us. My husband would have preferred corn tortillas, but I like flour. Next time, I will make it with half of each. Also, the amount of cream seemed a bit much, so I will use less and see how that goes. The leftovers were just as yummy as the first meal. Will definitely make again and again!"
"Loved the flavor! Definitely will make again."
"Personally I wasn't crazy about the corn tortillas. Next time I'd try flour tortillas. The filling was flavorful. Simple to prepare."
"I left out the salsa verde and the olives, just because I didn't have those on hand. Delicious! Will totally make again!"
"This recipe is definitely a keeper!! I have made/cooked it fresh and frozen...both are excellent. All my friends have asked for the recipe. We never have leftovers."
"WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Totally delicious. The kids went back for seconds!"
"Delicious! I did not change one thing except to halve the recipe. This will be my new go-to enchilada recipe."
"I made it with( one can each) mild enchilada sauce, cream of mushroom soup and evaporated milk. Flour tortillas warmed monetary jack cheese and green chilies. Delicious"
"I made it with fat free half and half. It was excellent."