Lone Star Chicken Enchiladas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing Bake: 35 min.
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, drained
- 3/4 cup salsa verde
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 2 cups shredded pepper Jack cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a shallow bowl, combine cream and salt.
- Dip both sides of each tortilla in cream mixture; top with 1/4 cup chicken mixture. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour remaining cream mixture over top; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and freeze for up to 6 months.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2 enchiladas: 897 calories, 65g fat (37g saturated fat), 270mg cholesterol, 1437mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 45g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 22, 2018
I made this recipe for dinner last week. It is the best chicken enchiladas recipe ever! Just the right amount of spice for us. My husband would have preferred corn tortillas, but I like flour. Next time, I will make it with half of each. Also, the amount of cream seemed a bit much, so I will use less and see how that goes. The leftovers were just as yummy as the first meal. Will definitely make again and again!
Oct 8, 2017
Loved the flavor! Definitely will make again.
Jun 27, 2017
Personally I wasn't crazy about the corn tortillas. Next time I'd try flour tortillas. The filling was flavorful. Simple to prepare.
Apr 1, 2016
I left out the salsa verde and the olives, just because I didn't have those on hand. Delicious! Will totally make again!
Sep 16, 2015
This recipe is definitely a keeper!! I have made/cooked it fresh and frozen...both are excellent. All my friends have asked for the recipe. We never have leftovers.
Oct 15, 2014
WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Totally delicious. The kids went back for seconds!
Dec 21, 2013
Delicious! I did not change one thing except to halve the recipe. This will be my new go-to enchilada recipe.
Nov 7, 2013
Love this recipe, but skip the cream and use cream of chicken soup instead....mucho reduction of calories
Nov 7, 2013
I made it with( one can each) mild enchilada sauce, cream of mushroom soup and evaporated milk. Flour tortillas warmed monetary jack cheese and green chilies. Delicious
Feb 26, 2012
I made it with fat free half and half. It was excellent.