Lone Star Cheese Ball
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup baked nacho-flavored tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- In a food processor, combine the first five ingredients; cover and process until blended. Stir in chilies. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape into a ball. Combine crushed tortilla chips and cilantro; roll cheese ball in chip mixture. Serve with tortilla chips. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 94 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 169mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
May 10, 2015
Delicious! I used regular butter and cream cheese. Also, I don't have a food processor, so I softened the cream cheese and butter and used my hand mixer to beat before adding spices, cheddar and green chilies. I served this with blue tortilla chips for our appetizer for Mother's Day dinner.
Dec 12, 2014
What is reduced-fat butter? It can't be real butter.... and I wouldn't consume made-in-a-lab-margarine. Don't poison your family.
Apr 3, 2011
This is my nephews favorite and I'm required to make it at any gathering (sometimes i get a phone call from him because he just has a craving). I alter it a little, 1/4t onion powder, 3/4t garlic granuals and 6ozs green chilies. This recipe is definately a "10" in our family!
Jul 21, 2009
Hi made this and loved it but i am not a fan of the chips so i rolled it in very crispy baconboth ways are greatthanks
Jun 26, 2009
I made this for a picnic and now I am asked to bring to every event I go to.