Seafood lovers can’t get enough of this brunch tart. If you like, substitute chopped shrimp for some of the imitation lobster.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + standing
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation lobster
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Press crust onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom; trim edges. Line unpricked crust with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle lobster into crust. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, egg yolk, cream, mayonnaise, wine, lemon juice, parsley, seafood seasoning, salt and pepper; pour over top.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 147 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as OLD BAY SEAFOOD TART in Country Woman Christmas 2012