- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 6 ounces Canadian bacon, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 cups frozen Tater Tots, thawed
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add Canadian bacon; cook 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Line bottom of a greased 11x7-in. baking dish with Tater Tots; top with Canadian bacon mixture. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sour cream, cream and seasonings until blended. Stir in cheese; pour over top. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forLoaded Tater Tot Bake
"This was absolutely delicious. My 10 year old grandson ate several helpings and wanted to take some home. Definitely worth the effort. Great for brunch or side dishes!"
"I was looking for a kid-friendly breakfast casserole for overnight guests and figured something with tater tots was worth a try. My husband and I had it for dinner just to try it out and it was very good. I used Egg Beaters instead of the eggs and non-fat evaporated milk instead of half-and-half to cut back on the fat for us. The tater tots kind of blend into the casserole so you really don't realize they are there except for the nice potato taste. I do not plan to make any adjustments to this recipe and will definitely make it again. Thank you, Nancy, for a yummy recipe that is just what I was looking for!"