Fancy enough for company, these baked potatoes look like you fussed but are really simple to fix. Our home economists sliced each one into a fan, covering them with cheese, bacon and savory seasonings. (For a quick how-to on creating potato fans, turn to page 50.)
Recommended: 25 New Ways to Make Mashed Potatoes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Scrub potatoes. With a sharp knife, slice potatoes thinly but not all the way through, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Place on a microwave-safe plate; drizzle with butter.
- Combine the Parmesan cheese, rosemary, salt and pepper; sprinkle over potatoes and between slices.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 12-18 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Top with cheddar cheese, bacon and onion. Microwave for 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Loaded Potatoes in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p60