A plain baked potato will seem boring after you've tried a Loaded Potato. The recipe was created by Jill Werle of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan back when she was single. "It goes great with any meat and can even be a quick lunch," informs this field editor.
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 hot baked potato
- Combine the first five ingredients. With a sharp knife, cut an X in the top of the potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Top with cottage cheese mixture. serve immediately. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Loaded Potato in Taste of Home April/May 1999, p10