Loaded Oatmeal Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually stir into creamed mixture. Stir in oats, chocolate chips, coconut and pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately remove to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 166 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
Nov 6, 2012
This recipe was easy to make however the cookies taste fairly bland. I would not make this exact recipe again however I might use it as a starting point for a different modified cookie
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.