- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese blend, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add the sour cream, milk, butter, salt and pepper. Beat on medium-low speed until light and fluffy. Stir in 2 cups cheese, bacon and onions.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews forLoaded Mashed Potatoes
"Made this 2 weeks ago and it was a hit! I froze some for another dinner night and it reheated lovely."
">mpesci. Lots of internet sites where you can get the nutritional values of each ingredient, total them, then divide by number of servings. If you don't like the results then, as kredhead mentioned, east to lighten it up. Low or no fat sour cream and milk, less cheese and bacon, etc."
"mpesci-a recipe was provided via a person to share with all here.sounds incredible and I will be making it when I get home from flying our incredible LA baseball team around the world. I have all the ingredients as I have a well stocked kitchen.my suggestion is make it or not. try it or not, be thankful for the posting. and.... if you need to know info on healthiness, sodium, calories, fat content etc. in my opinion that is up to you to search out yourself.read the ingredients > lot's of clues there."
"If you need the nutrition data, you really should pass on this recipe. I mean really! Look at the ingredients!! Nothing but goodness!"
"I've made these mashed potatoes on special occasions for many years. We call them suicide mashed potatoes because they are so rich & loaded with flavor. easy to lighten up if that is what you desire. I add a bit of roasted garlic powder, otherwise these are delicious as is."
"Before I fix this, I need the nutrition data for the Loaded Mashed Potatoes"
"I made these over the holidays and they were a big hit. It was nice to be able to prepare them ahead of time and just pop them in the oven."
"The recipe is delicious. I don't eat dairy so I swapped out the cheese for daiya cheddar, the milk for soy milk, and earth balance for the butter. It worked famously and my dairy eating roommates loved it too. Thanks for posting the recipe."
"Im 15 wasnt sure if i would be able to pull it off because im not much of a cook but i just got finished, eating it now and its AMAZING ! Definately going to show this recipe to my family. Thank u for sharing !(:"