Loaded Mashed Potato Bake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 pound red potatoes (about 3 medium), cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a small bowl, beat the potatoes, milk and butter until blended. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, 3 tablespoons bacon bits, garlic powder and salt.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with onion and remaining bacon. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 268 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 647mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 20, 2012
My last post should read: Can all or part of this recipe be made ahead of time? Sorry about the last one.
Nov 20, 2012
Question: Call all of part of this recipe be made ahead of time? Has anyone prepared it this way?
May 19, 2012
Easy and delicious. I made it for Easter dinner and it is now a favorite with all.
Apr 8, 2012
loved it. Will have to double it for a dinner party. It's a keeper