Loaded Mashed Potato Bake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 pound red potatoes (about 3 medium), cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a small bowl, beat the potatoes, milk and butter until blended. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, 3 tablespoons bacon bits, garlic powder and salt.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with onion and remaining bacon. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 268 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 647mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Nov 20, 2012
My last post should read: Can all or part of this recipe be made ahead of time? Sorry about the last one.
Nov 20, 2012
Question: Call all of part of this recipe be made ahead of time? Has anyone prepared it this way?
May 19, 2012
Easy and delicious. I made it for Easter dinner and it is now a favorite with all.
Apr 8, 2012
loved it. Will have to double it for a dinner party. It's a keeper
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.