- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 ciabatta or kaiser rolls, split
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 cooked bacon strips, halved
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound deli coleslaw (about 1 cup)
- Pound chicken with a meat mallet to flatten slightly; sprinkle both sides with dressing mix.
- On a greased grill, cook chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Place cheese on chicken; grill, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Meanwhile, grill rolls, cut side down, 1-2 minutes or until toasted.
- Mix mayonnaise and mustard; spread on roll tops. Layer roll bottoms with chicken, bacon, tomato, avocado and coleslaw. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forLoaded Grilled Chicken Sandwich
"sandwich is flavorful and delicious. I make this meal a lot for my family."
"I thought it was tasty but, as written, I feel it would be too much. I chose to serve the slaw on the side.The best part of this dish, in my opinion, was the *sauce.* I doubled the amount of mayo & mustard and added about a teaspoon of crushed rosemary. Mmmm... My mind immediately began thinking of all the possibilities this sauce could be used for.Thanks Dana! :)"