- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1-3/4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream and 2 tablespoons green onion; refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, mix the potato flakes, cornmeal, garlic salt and paprika. Add the milk, corn, cheese and remaining green onions; mix until blended. Using 1/2 cupfuls, shape mixture into twelve 3-1/2-in. patties.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Cook patties in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with sauce. Yield: 1 dozen (1 cup sauce).
Reviews forLoaded Cheddar-Corn Potato Patties
"The first time I made these they fell apart. The second time I traded the 1/3 cup of cornmeal for one package of jiffy corn bread mix and one egg. They held together and tasted great. I shared this recipe with other family members too."
"At first I wasn't sure these were going to turn out. I let the mixture sit for 5 minutes or so to let the milk soak in. Then I was able to make them into patties. I also added some cayenne pepper after I tasted the first batch and they were kind of bland. An interesting mixture of potato pancake and corn fritter."