- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups water, divided
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in 1 cup water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Add the broth, potatoes, potato flakes, bacon, pepper, salt, basil, thyme and remaining water. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in cream; heat through. Garnish with cheese and green onions. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forLoaded Baked Potato Soup
"I actually have. A question. When it says half and half cream. Is that like coffee creamer?"
"This recipe was great the only thing I think I would do different I would add little more potatoes. It was great !!"
"My husband said this was the best soup he's every eaten! My changes were to add 2 tsps. of minced garlic to sauté with onions and we all liked the cheese and green onions so we needed more than suggested for the toppings. My teen son also thought this was one of the best soups. I've started cooking soup once a week so they've had quite a few soups in the last couple of months."
"Family hit have been asked to make again good sign"