Loaded Avocado BLT
My husband invented this twist on a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich. I like to make it with extra slices of bacon; if you want, you can leave the Gorgonzola cheese out of the avocado spread. —Lori Grant, Kingsport, Tennessee
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 small ripe avocado, peeled
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 4 slices Italian bread, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 thick-sliced applewood smoked bacon strips, cooked
- Mash avocado with a fork; stir in mayonnaise and lemon juice. Gently stir in cheese.
- Spread over toasts. Top 2 of the slices with spinach, tomato, bacon and remaining slices of toast.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 420 calories, 29g fat (7g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 921mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as BLT with a twist in Simple & Delicious August/September 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.