"Working in a local deli and retail outlet that sells herbs and spices gives me a change to create many recipes," says Joyce Montague of Wichita, Kansas. Cottage cheese is the main ingredient in this creamy dip that's terrific with raw veggies or crackers.
Recommended: 42 Recipes to Boost Your Vitamin D
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Raw vegetables or crackers
- In a blender, combine cottage cheese, bouillon, onion and lemon juice; cover and process until smooth. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Serve with vegetables or crackers. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Lo-Cal Cheese Dip in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p37