Liver with Peppers and Onions Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound liver, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Cooked rice or noodles
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add liver; toss to coat. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet. Add onion and peppers; cook until crisp-tender. Remove from pan; set aside.
- 2. Add remaining oil to the skillet. Cook and stir liver for 5 to 7 minutes or until no pink remains. In a small bowl, combine beef broth, soy sauce and cornstarch; stir into liver. Cook and stir constantly until sauce thickens. Return vegetables to the skillet and cook until heated through. Serve over rice or noodles. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 245 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 332mg cholesterol, 898mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Liver with Peppers and Onions
"I used chicken livers. Sauteed bacon.. drained, sauteed peppers and onions.... drained. Fried chicken livers in seasoned flour.... did not make gravey or use cornstarch, broth or soy sauce..... drained finished livers. Plated with potato cakes... fresh green beans and garnished with the peppers and onions... We found it wonderful.....Mother Malone - Woodleaf, NC"