- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, cheese and baking powder. In another bowl, combine the eggs, corn, sour cream, oil and chilies. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forLittle Texas Cornbread
"This was really good served with Braised Short Ribs from the same issue."
"I made this cornbread today and it was delicious. I followed the recipe but I did use extra sharp cheese for a nice cheesy flavor. I do not recommend the toothpick test as it tested done at 25 minutes and even though I was leery, I went ahead and took it out. It definitely needs to cook at least 30 or even 25 minutes. It should be starting to brown on top. Mine could have cooked a little longer but it was delicious.The very center was a little mushy. I will definitely make this again. I recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."