Little Texas Corn Bread Recipe
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, cheese and baking powder. In another bowl, combine the eggs, corn, sour cream, oil and chilies. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 337 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 408mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Little Texas Corn Bread
"I made this cornbread today and it was delicious. I followed the recipe but I did use extra sharp cheese for a nice cheesy flavor. I do not recommend the toothpick test as it tested done at 25 minutes and even though I was leery, I went ahead and took it out. It definitely needs to cook at least 30 or even 25 minutes. It should be starting to brown on top. Mine could have cooked a little longer but it was delicious.The very center was a little mushy. I will definitely make this again. I recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."