- 2 tubes (11 ounces each) refrigerated breadsticks
- 12 pretzel sticks, broken into fourths
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- Poppy seeds or sesame seeds, optional
- Separate dough into 24 breadsticks. For each snail, gently roll one breadstick into an 8-in. rope. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; coil 6-1/2 in. of the rope. Slightly separate remaining portion of dough from the coil and curl upward; add two pretzel pieces for antennae.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolk and water. Brush over dough. Sprinkle with poppy or sesame seeds if desired. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forLittle Snail Rolls
"Will be using this idea at my annual Summertime gardening club brunch. So easy...thanks for the creative idea as well as the recipe."