Little Snail Rolls
Snails aren't always slow. My daughter and I made these fun coiled rolls together in a half hour. Later, at the party, they disappeared even faster!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tubes (11 ounces each) refrigerated breadsticks
- 12 pretzel sticks, broken into fourths
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- Poppy seeds or sesame seeds, optional
- Separate dough into 24 breadsticks. For each snail, gently roll one breadstick into an 8-in. rope. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; coil 6-1/2 in. of the rope. Slightly separate remaining portion of dough from the coil and curl upward; add two pretzel pieces for antennae.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolk and water. Brush over dough. Sprinkle with poppy or sesame seeds if desired. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Pillsbury refrigerated breadsticks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 81 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Little Snail Rolls in Country Woman May 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.