Little Piggy Sugar Cookies
Dessert took shape with a platter of made-from-scratch Little Piggy Sugar Cookies. The dough can be mixed in a flash and is easy to roll and cut.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Tinted frosting
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, milk and extract. Combine the flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut out with a 3-in. pig-shaped cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Outline cutouts with tinted frosting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 76 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Sugar Cookies in Taste of Home August/September 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.