- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 12 chocolate wafers
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over milk; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar substitute, orange peel and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
- Place chocolate wafers in foil-lined muffin cups. Top each with 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Gently remove foil just before serving; garnish with remaining whipped topping. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forLittle Orange Dream Cups
"Made these for the birthday of my diabetic in-laws. Drizzled plates with low sugar chocolate syrup, placed cups wafer side up, and garnished with fresh mint. Beautiful and delish!"