Little Mexican Pizzas
"These little pizzas are perfect for lunch, snacks or parties," says Linda Eggers of Albany, California.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (13 ounces) whole wheat English muffins, split
- 3/4 cup fat-free refried beans
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Spread cut sides of muffins with refried beans; top with salsa, olives, onions, chilies and cheese. Place on baking sheets; broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 pizza: 129 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Originally published as Little Mexican Pizzas in Light & Tasty February/March 2008