Little Girl Pies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makes2 dozen cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup raisins
- In a bowl, cream sugar and shortening until light and fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and beat well. Chill.
- Meanwhile, for filling, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Add water; stir until smooth. Add raisins; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil and is thickened, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Divide chilled dough into thirds. On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into 3-in. circles. Using a thimble, cut small holes in the center of half of the circles. Place 1 teaspoon filling on solid circles; top each with a circle that has a hole. Pinch edges together to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets; bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 177 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 7, 2011
So cute! The edging makes it look like lace!
Jun 7, 2010
My grandma made cookies like these! I was so pleased to find this recipe because my grandma's was lost somehow.